Wednesday, February 8, 2012

And so it begins....

As we discussed the concept of adoption a little over a year ago, we were privileged enough to witness firsthand the adoption of Lynleigh Ren by the Pillstroms.  It is a blessing beyond words to see Lynleigh assimilate to her family.  It is also neat to see that the Pillstroms are now complete as a family.

I knew in my heart that I wanted another child, but I also was not willing to take the risk of biologically trying to father another child.  I am blessed to have Arabella and to see that her NF currently is not severe.  I do have some trepidation as to what the future may hold for her, but I have dealt with it my whole life and can help her through whatever may come.  Back to the original point, I have been looking at various websites that assist in the international adoption process as well as those that assist in domestic adoptions.  I have friends who have experience in both types of adoptions.

Since the death of my father (November 2010), shortly after starting this blog, the “adoption talk” had been put on hold.  But, just a few days ago the adoption bug bit me once again!!  April and I, and Belle, have talked and we have decided that it is now time.  We are officially beginning the process of an international adoption!!!  We are looking to narrow our choice down to which agency we will be going through, and which country we would like to adopt from.  We are excited about this process and we ask that you pray for us during this time.  We have a lot of questions that we would like answered and we need to hear a word from the Lord.
  • ·     Pray for our child that has already been born or is about to be born  
  • ·         Pray for our finances, God will provide
  • ·         Pray for our guidance, that we use the right agency and select the right country
  • ·         Pray for our potential agency that we will use
  • ·         Pray for our paperwork stress and anxiety
  • ·         Pray for us and Belle as we try and prepare our hearts and home to welcome in a new little girl

I ask that you participate with us in this process.  We would not be where we are today without you guys in our life.  If you are reading this, I am talking about you.  If you cared enough to read this, you obviously care for us.  Even if you are not spiritual or someone who prays, keep us in mind as we move this direction.  I will be posting some fundraiser information soon about some T-shirts that you can purchase online.  Everything is handled through their site and they will ship you the shirt you choose and we will receive a commission for each sale.

Thank you for joining with us in this!  April and I will keep you posted on the process and we love each and every one of you.

2 comments:

  1. The Lord will provide, trust in him and listen for his gentle whisper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hebrews 4.14-16
    "We have a great Religious Leader Who has made the way for man to go to God. He is Jesus, the Son of God, Who has gone to heaven to be with God. Let us keep our trust in Jesus Christ. Our Religious Leader understands how weak we are. Christ was tempted in every way we are tempted, but He did not sin. Let us go with complete trust to the throne of God. We will receive His loving-kindness and have His loving-favor to help us whenever we need it."
    --
    This is one of those "I'm glad I know Mike" moments. Our family of four will pray together, out loud, for your family of "four" during this process. I thank you (and God) for this life-defining & faith-building opportunity for my children to experience the importance of long-term praying and witness how God chooses to work in this process and to "see" their prayers answered. Oh, yeah... "Blessed be Your Name". This is already good.
    See you soon...
    Dave (and I can speak for Mandy, Matthew, & Elizabeth).

    ReplyDelete