Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving



I used to approach Thanksgiving with great anticipation and excitement, after all I love to eat.  But two years ago, just 4 days after Thanksgiving my father died unexpectedly from a heart attack.  It is difficult to see Thanksgiving the same way ever again.  I still enjoy the ability to come together with family and spend time together, but it is just not the same.  But this year I have even a stronger burden on my heart.  I am burdened for my little girl who is in China waiting on us to come and get her.  I just wish we could fast forward to that day we get to embrace her for the first time.

I am excited to announce that we are almost done with the dossier part of the process and then we have to pay a processing fee.  The only part left will be the matching with our little girl.  We still have a large chunk of change to raise for the remainder of the process, but we are trusting God to provide.

We are still selling squares on the canvas that was mentioned in the previous blog.  Please pray and ask what you can do to help us bring “baby Asia” home.  We cannot do it alone.
 
Give thanks with a grateful heart this holiday season and tell your family you love them while you still can.

No comments:

Post a Comment