Tuesday, March 5, 2013

She shall be called Primrose



Recently some friends of ours received “The Call” from the agency regarding being matched.  We were excited that they got their match with Sophie Wei and to see her precious little face just melted my heart.  The Belks (their blog is to the right, check it out) started the process about the same time as April and I did, in fact we rode together to Jackson for our initial intake meeting with the social worker.  Seeing this as reality for them has lit a fire in me and we are gearing up for our chance to receive “The Call.”

Here is where we are currently in the process.  Barring any discrepancies in our FedEx package tomorrow, our dossier will be authenticated by the Chinese consulate.  That leaves us only to send it to Holt with our processing fee and we will receive our log-in date.  Once we get our log-in date we will be in line for our little girl.  Needless to say we are so excited.

I realized the other day that we have yet to reveal what name we have decided on for our little girl.  Well as the title says, we are going to name her Primrose.  How the name came about is strange, however you would be correct if you are thinking Hunger Games.  You know, the little sister that Katniss volunteers to take the place of.  I was showing the movie in class at the end of school last year, relax it was an exam day and I only had about 7 students in my room.   I digress…  I heard the name Primrose and fell in love instantly.  I texted April about using that name, not thinking she go for it.  Well, she LOVED it.  Also, upon further investigation we learned that Primrose was the name of one of the last fairies in the original story of Sleeping Beauty not the Disney version.

As we continue to move forward in this process, we have a financial mountain to climb.  We have many fundraisers coming up that will appeal to almost anyone, yes even you!   Continue to pray for us, for our finances, and probably most importantly little Primrose.  I pray that she is in a loving foster situation, but then again I just want to hold her in my arms and let her know how much she is loved.

The Satchers

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for y'all to get The Call! It's an unbelievable feeling! We just need to get Sophie Wei and Primrose home.

    ReplyDelete