Monday, July 22, 2013

Waiting, waiting, and more waiting



Hi everyone!  I wanted to check in and give you an update, as best I can.  We are still awaiting our LOA to arrive from the CCCWA (China Center for Children’s Welfare Adoption).  June 1st they changed computer systems to make the process better, however it caused those of us in process slight delays.  No big deal though, it just gives us more time to raise funds.  Speaking of which, I would like to say thank you to those who came out to the paint parties that were put on for us.  It was a great fundraiser for us and helps tremendously.

The reason for my update is because I have been thinking of Primrose a lot lately. Her birthday is coming up (July 28) and it pains me to think that she will not be spending her first birthday with family.  We are sending her a photo album and a toy for her special day, even though she will not get them before or on her day.  She is young enough that it probably really will not matter to her though.

My baby girl Primrose


Another reason for my update is because as I type, our friends The Belks have just picked up Sophie in China.  You can follow their trip in China here http://thebelkfamilysomewhereoutthere.blogspot.com/ it is surreal to watch their journey in China as I know that will be us in the next few months.  

This is the Belks in China.


Pray for the Belks and Sophie’s transition to their family.  Pray for their trip as they come back to the US (Aug 3).  Pray for us also.  We still have a mountain to climb as far as funds are concerned.  We still are selling squares on the canvas and we are still taking coffee orders.  Any help or donation is greatly appreciated, just click the donate button and leave a message indicating if you want to buy a square, coffee, or just a donation.  God bless you all and thanks for your interest in our journey of adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment