Thursday, January 16, 2014

China Day 6 – Shamian Island and Experiencing the Culture



Let me start out by saying “Thank You” for the show of support and prayers.  We are truly grateful that you care enough to read about our journey and pray for us.  On that note, let me tell you how today went.  Better yet I will just let this picture do the talking.





Yep, today was a great day for MaMa and Primrose.  She warmed up to her a lot!  She still will not let MaMa pick her up or change her diaper (I personally am ready for that to happen).  But she sat in the floor and played with MaMa a lot today as well as held her hand while walking to supper.  At one point she reached up to April to get her to “eat her fingers” and said what sounded like MaMa.  Today was a BIG step in the right direction.  I hope tomorrow is even better.





Today was a scheduled free day for all of the families, so we decided that we would go to Shamian Island to shop and walk around for a while.  It was a neat experience and the shopkeepers love Americans.  We did end up getting some great deals on dresses and a beautiful blanket.  It was a great day to get out and experience the culture of Guangzhou and the people of China.  In the park at Shamian there was many different activities taking place.  Everything from couples dance lessons to Tai Chi.  It was fun to witness.  There was one cultural experience that I will not go into too many details about; however I will just let the picture tell you the story.  But let me just say, I got my Chinese card today!



Other than Shamian Island and the wonderful journey through Guangzhou traffic in a taxi, it was uneventful.  Again, I am amazed and grateful at how today went with Primrose and April.  It did my heart well and it returned that beautiful smile to my bride’s face.  Thank you again for your prayers and please keep them coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment